The Fallen Vampire


I was given the arc copy of this fantastic book and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

This is my honest review of the book and I'm genuinely excited about the next installment.

The concept was thrilling and unique. It seemed to fuse two of my favorite YA genres, Dystopian and Fantasy. The world Beata created was so intriguing and exciting and I honestly found myself emersed in the book. I read the whole book in one sitting. It's currently four thirty in the morning and I just finished it.


I cannot wait to see what the first book is like. This was just the prequel and it was amazing and my expectations for book 1 is quite high. I want to learn more about this world and understand the control the Cloud Lords have on humans, I want to understand these creatures and their working. 


From the very first chapter, I could see the potential of this book. We started off in this world where a lot of things were forbidden and many basic rights were stripped away. Finding a character who not only has the guts to be different but also challenge the norms is what makes a book amazing.


The book was packed with fantasy but also spoke to the typical teenage aspect of life. In many fantasy books, they make the characters mature and above normal teenage drama but Chloe did feel what most teenagers do. That made it more impactful.


As a reader, I found it hard to not love a character as compassionate as Chloe. She saves the life of the dog that was hunting her. She saves the life of the Vampirii who could possibly kill her. I do think that her relationship with Wayne is a little toxic but that makes for a great story. I'm not the biggest fan of Wayne. I get where he's coming from but he couldn't be that blind. He has to know how Chloe feels about him and yet he is so careless with her heart.


Then there was the scene where we first see Aethan and then those Drakonin Dragon Shifters arrived. I loved the way Chloe faced the situation, she did not cower in front of her gods. It was courageous of her to protect Aethan even though he himself was a Could Lord, who could possibly kill her. I did love Morgriss though, I think if we see him again, he'd make the story interesting. He seems to be a human lover, so maybe, Chloe, Aethan, and Morgriss can unite their worlds.


Now, moving on to the connection. Is there a chance that the connection is a mating bond, you know like most vampires have. I'm interested in finding out more about it. And I'm super excited to see their relationship flourish when he's awake, oh and I would love to see her move on from Wayne.


I would love to see all of them evolve in the next book, especially Chloe considering she finally gets to live in a world where she won't have to conform to such strict norms. I'm excited to see how Beata builds this world and I'm most excited about meeting Aethan.


Please check out the book on amazon by clicking on The Fallen Vampire by Beata Blitz

No comments: