Days of Blood and Starlight


Reading books this month has been a little challenging but I have to say, this book is one you can't put down once you start. Even though the next book of this series wasn't on my May TBR, I still rushed through it and it was amazing.

Back to this story. As usual I will only discuss things that really stuck with me even after all this time.

Firstly, Karou the resurrectionist! I loved that she was the continuing Brimstone's legacy. I have to say, I'm still not over him dying.
I'm also not over Hazael dying. I really took a liking to him. His openness and big heart really made me respect him.

Through out the story, we see this other side to Karou, she's constantly feeling guilty for loving Akiva and at same time she has to deal with her world turning upside down.

I personally loved all the scenes with Zuzana and Mik. They were like the tiny bit of normal in this crazy amazing world.

I love that she was worried about Karou, that's true friendship. Also, kudos to her for figuring Karou's non-message message out.
I love Ziri. That poor boy gave up his life for her! I love him so much! He's such a great character!

The scenes with Akiva and Karou were so heart wrenching. It really tore me apart. A part of me hated him and the other half loved him.

He did the wrong thing but he was hurt!

This book reeled me in from the first page and spit me out wanting more. I would recommend it to all the readers out there. It is definitely a must read!

Reviews for rest of the series:
Daughter of Smoke and Bones
Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Days of Blood and Starlight

No comments: