Daughter of Smoke and Bones


After putting this book off for so long, I finally experienced the greatness of DoSaB.

I didn't quite expect to love it quite as much as I do. There are things about this book that bother me but it makes such a great plot line.

I loved reading about the scenes between Akiva and Madrigal in the past, it was so sweet and showed the goodness of people. I wish Akiva honored Madrigal's memory by trying to unite the two races but I also understand his side, those people took the life of the person he loved, one of them.

I am kind of hoping that now that she knows who she is, she kind of becomes Madrigal, but not completely forget Karou. I would like to see her as an embodiment of both Karou and Madrigal.

I'm curious about Karou's aging, will she age like a human or like a Chimera cause she isn't really human, she's just wearing human skin.

I really hate her sister, Chiro. How could she betray her sister like that? I get being jealous but how can you be that jealous of your own sister? And I hate how everyone keeps pushing her to be with Thiago. It's her free will. She would have lost herself if she had been with him.

I love that scene where she and Akiva dance and their stolen kisses. Their whole relationship was cute up until he killed Brimstone. I'm really going to miss Brimstone.

I love Zuzana, she was such a great friend, unlike Chiro. And lover her thing with Mik.
While Karou and Akiva's relationship is complicated theirs is simple and sweet. I love whole puppeteer thing, the art project. It was such a great idea and I keep trying to picture it.

I loved the scenes where Akiva and Karou were getting to know each other and them building a sort of friendship and the undeniable attraction between them. It was cute as perfect.

The ending with the whole back and forth between the past and present made a lot of things clear and it was insightful but I wanted to know what would happen with Karou and Akiva, which in the end turned out broke my heart.

I love the wish thing and love how her memories were stored in the wishbone, something that meant so much to the two of them.

I hope that in the end, things end up all right.

Reviews for rest of the series:
Daughter of Smoke and Bones
Dreams of Gods and Monsters


No comments: