A Court of Wings and Ruin



Aah! I have been anticipating this book for over a year. This was everything I needed, and more and yet it left me wanting. I understand that there are mixed reviews for this book, but I thought it was phenomenal considering it isn't really the end. It's just a gateway to another series.

This book was a roller coaster when it came to messing with my feelings because one minute, I wanted to jump up and down in joy and the next, I wanted to tear my hair out. I loved that we met more people from across Prythian in this book. I enjoyed meeting the different High Lords and learning about them. Helion actually reminded me of Rhys when he joins the inner circle in their chambers in the Dawn Court. And I have a lot of hope in Kallias. I really really hope he takes a page out of Rhy's book and makes Viviane his High Lady. I really thought that most of the High Lords were great.

I'm a little confused about the mating thing because, in the last book, Rhys described the whole Frenzy thing was due to an inherent need that tbh, can't explain the fact that Thesan's mate was probably a guy, which doesn't explain the frenzy. I was kind of bothered by the whole thing in the last book, but I was so happy to have so much diversity in ships in this book. We had a High Lord who had a male lover, and I loved the fact that they are probably mates.

And then there is Mor, who is bisexual and even though it breaks my Moriel heart, I'm a supporter of Mor following her heart! I kind of feel sorry for Az, who will probably get heartbroken by this, even though he'll totally support her. Do you guys think that something is going on with Mor and Viviane's sister? That would be amazing. But Moriel!

The worst scene in this book was the death of Suriel! I was so excited to see a Feyriel reunion! I loved the Suriel from the very beginning. He is so... was so amazing. He always offered Feyre what she needed. He told her to stay with the High Lord... to stay with Rhys. He told her Rhys was her mate. He told her how to win the war. He told her to stay with the High Lord. It was his words that went through her mind as she clung on to the mating bond. He told her to make the world a better place. He was fantastic. He was probably my favorite character from ACOTAR, well except for the inner circle. RIP Suriel. You will be missed. And Ianthe deserved what she got!

It's like all the ancient creatures were amazing and oh so willing to help Feyre. The Suriel has always been her number one fan and has always been on her team. The Bone Carver embodied her future son. His deal with Feyre was completely in her favor. All he wanted in return for his help was to know if she was worth risking his life for and I have to say, that is a reasonable request. He offered her more information than he needed to in ACOMAF because he, like everyone else, saw how amazing she was. Then there was Bryaxis. In return for saving her life, all he asked for was someone to tell him of life. He didn't ask her to send tributes as sacrifices, he didn't ask for a prisoner, it felt like he just asked for a friend and I think even if he hadn't made the bargain, Feyre, with her human heart, would have been his friend. And the second deal, all he wanted in return for risking his life was a window!

On top of that, there was Amren. Sweet, vicious, Amren. She was Feyre's friend. She cared for Feyre and the rest of the night court. Amren was fantastic and finding out more about her was amazing. And her relationship with Varian, phenomenal. That is something I'm looking forward to in the next book.

When I started reading this book, I couldn't wait to see Cassian and Azriel again and seeing those two amazing Illiryan warriors again, healed and safe, was like a dream come true. Seeing Cas's wings literally gave my heart a kick start. I do wish we get more of Nessian in the spin-off because that was dragged on and not resolved at all. And then, it felt like Elain and Azriel could be something great but then Lucien exists! And since Mor is no longer a factor, I really thought that Elain and Az would be amazing. Az is like one of the only people that can get through to her. But, we know that mates are important, and I may be okay with Lucien and Elain, but if for some reason Az ends up with her, I'd be happy!

The absolute worst scene in the book was when Rhys dies in the end. It broke me. It made me cry for the first time. Up until now, I'd thought there was something wrong with me because I couldn't truly mourn the deaths of my beloved fictional characters, but I cried! And the scene where all the high lords give their magic to bring him back, sigh... I think solely because of that, Tamlin is now redeemable. Not redeemed, redeemable.

Anyways, I'm super excited about the future of this series because although the series was wrapped up like a perfect gift, there are a few frayed ribbons that will tie into the future of this series!

Anyways, to see the full extent of my feelings for this book and this series, check out my BookTube channel, WriterGAsh, and enjoy, #TwoWeeksOfACOTAR




Reviews for rest of the series:
A Court of Thorns and Roses
A Court of Mist and Fury
A Court of Wings and Ruins

No comments: