Allegiant

So, I have mixed feelings about the ending to this book. I had a hard time after finishing this book. I had to wait for Allegiant because I bought a box set of the first two books so I just had to order the third. And even then I couldn't wait. I got the e-book! Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot.

The ending got me!

I know why Veronica Roth did it, but it broke my heart. Really did.

"Life damages us, everyone. We can't escape the damage. But now, I'm learning this: we can be mended. We can mend each other." ~ TOBIAS

Allegiant. Oh my god. I wanted to cry at the end. I really did. But never have I ever shed a tear over a book even if it broke my heart and stomped all over it's shattered pieces.

So this book was written in both Tris and Four's point of views and we finally got some insight into his mind.

So anyways. Now that they are off to the real world, what's left of our world? We finally find out what happened to our world, how the factions were created.

We meet Tris's moms kind of ex-boyfriend, David.

At first, I kind of liked him at first. I liked how they were getting some kind of answers. What was divergent, and stuff like that.

What ticked me off was how they classed people as Genetically Damaged. Poor Tobias felt so insecure about that.

Then there was Nina! I hate her, so much!

So, David was planning on erasing everyone's memories and reinstate the faction system. That was awful!

We know that Caleb betrayed Tris and stuff and it broke my heart. I personally love reading about siblings, I mean they are meant to protect each other from the world.

Anyways, at least he was trying to make up for it.
Now. I know why Tris took his place in the chamber, I know he had no chance to survive. She did, even if it were slim.

So she did what she thought was right. She didn't want to be the reason for her last living family to die. 

Poor Uriah! I hate what happened to him. He was such a great character. I loved his personality. I really wish he lived.

And finally. I wish Tobias was with her in the end.
This is the biggest spoiler in the book. Tris Dies!

That made me want to cry. But I can't! 
Tris survived the stupid death serum but died when she was shot! Why oh why? I wish she at least got to see Tobias before she died, but she was dead by the time he came back. Poor Tobias.

I was horrified when I thought he was going to erase his memories of her!
Anyways. This book was amazing. I understand why Roth killed Tris but I wish she didn't. I love the series but the ending. The last few pages were so hard to turn!

"You're the only one sharp enough to keep me sharpened." ~ TRIS/BEATRICE

Reviews for rest of the series:
Divergent
Insurgent

No comments: