Confess



Confession: This is the first novel by Colleen Hoover I've ever read. I wasn't expecting blown away as I was.
Confession: This book inspired me to make my own confession box which I plan on using as inspiration when I'm writing.

The whole concept of this book was mind blowing. Using people's confessions to paint. Reading people's confessions in this book was my favorite part of the book. I absolutely loved OMG! Owen was fantastic. He had this darker side and yet he was so amazing.

I absolutely hated Lydia. She was like those typical TV monsters-in-laws, the mean ones that think their sons can do no wrong. And don't even get me started on Trey.

I'll be discussing things with spoilers from here on so be prepared.

When I started reading Confess, I remember thinking 'This can't be it.' The book begins with Auburn and Adam, and he's dying. They couldn't have the main character die. I hadn't read reviews, I didn't even read the synopsis. I just jumped in not knowing anyone's name. When we moved to the present time, I was kind of relieved.

I was really curious as to what happened to her to make her so upset, and the whole lawyer angle scared me. I actually thought she ended up in some serious shit!

That scene outside the studio where she read all the confessions... I had the urge to drop a few confessions myself. The whole concept of painting based on the confessions was fantastic.
I really want to go to a studio with paintings like that.

Now. On to AJ. I did not see that coming. I had no idea that was going to happen. I was kind of excited, I was really hoping to see a lot of him. And in that instant knowing Lydia never let her see her son, I hated Lydia. What kind of a grandmother would separate her grandson from his own mother? AJ would've resented her when he grew up. She was such an awful person. She never gave Auburn a chance.

I really wish we saw more of AJ. He was such a huge part of the story, but he was barely present in person. I love reading about kids in books, be it younger siblings or kids, they're just so cute!
And let's just not get to Trey. That manipulative jerk (not the word in my head!) I really hate people like that. He was absolutely using her desperation to be a bigger part of her life to date her. I really love how Owen reacts about AJ. He was so supportive and everything.

I can't believe Trey was such a jerk. He knew it wasn't Owen's drugs and yet made such a huge deal of it. Owen was so stubborn, hoping that seeing him go to jail would set his dad right.

I really love how kind Owen is. I really like the painting he made of her, now that was incredible. I really like that he arranged all her confessions around it.

Then came the mess of an ending. I was kind of hoping Auburn recorded Trey admitting to what he did. And when she did I was so happy. I'm usually good at seeing things coming, and when I missed AJ and how Adam, Owen, and Trey knew each other it kind of threw me off. I was so proud that I guessed something. I loved that Owen's father finally came to his senses and did something right, I'm proud of him. Also, Lydia claims to love her grandson so much that she won't let his schedule get messed up but would give him up in a heartbeat to save her son because he committed a crime! Falsifying evidence is a crime and so is attacking someone.

That takes me to the scene where he attacks Auburn. That jerk! And he had the audacity for calling her out for loving his dead brother! Owen, a guy who has no reason to care about Adam, was okay with a part of Auburn still loving Adam and Trey wasn't.

I hate Trey with a burning passion. I wish she goes back on her word and shows the police the recording. A man like that deserves to be behind bars. I know it's kind of wrong, she promised but who know when Trey could snap and hurt another person, only this time there wouldn't be a gun wielding roommate to save the other person.

And the best part is, Auburn got sole custody. Am I evil if I want her to make Lydia feel what she felt, just for a while? Just once, let her feel the pain of not seeing AJ. Anyways. I loved this book and plan on reading more of Colleen's work!

OMG's Paintings


Confession: I'm afraid I'll never feel in real life what books make me feel.


Confession: I lie to my own journal sometimes because I don't want the future me to remember the present as it is.


Confession: I'm afraid I'm incapable of loving anyone who's not fictional because I'm afraid I'll have my heart broken.


Confession: I'm afraid I'll end up making a mess of my life when I actually start making my own decisions and have no idea what to do with life.


Rights for the images go to the artist Danny O'Connor

Confession: I haven't told my parents I love them in a long time, even though I do. Somehow the words don't come out when I actually mean them.
Confession: I don't think I'm brave enough to confess my secrets, even to myself.

No comments: