Anna and the French Kiss


Anna, Lola, and Isla is an amazing series. Even though it isn't an actual series, it fits together very well.

I love Anna and the French Kiss best. It is a beautiful story. The three stories are interconnected. The main characters from the first book are in the second, even though they didn't play a major role. It was nice seeing Anna & Etienne together.

"Because I was right. For the two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home." ~ANNA

Anna and the French Kiss is about a girl who moves to Paris in her senior year. She feels horrified about having to leave her best friend, Bridgit, her crush, Toph and an amazing job.

She attends School of America in Paris, SOAP where she meets Meredith and her group of friends, including an American Boy with a French Name and an English Accent. We follow Anna through her life at SOAP.

Her and Etienne's interactions were amazing. Even as friends they seemed more like a couple that him and Ellie. I hated Ellie. She was awful. Etienne was more in love with Anna. He should have had a spine and told her when he wasn't drunk.

Anna did the right thing not holding him onto his drunken words but if she had told him, they could have been together sooner.

Ellie and Etienne were simply together because they were comfortable with each other and frankly I don't think that's enough. I love that he faced his fear of height of heights to see Anna and that they both wished for each other.

It was the best scene in the book. I love the ending. I love when they finally got together though I wish there were more chapters, I wanted a little bit of Anna and Etienne, a lot more than one chapter.

I wish Ellie was out of the picture earlier and the two of them got their heads together sooner. I loved Josh's character. I was found it harder to believe Meredith forgave Anna so easily. I didn't like Rashmi's character much but she was decent in the end. Also, I loved the whole France theme and Anna's love for movies.

And Bridgit pissed me off. How could she do that to Anna? I got why she forgave Bridgit, I mean she did the same to Mer but still. And the Toph character was a jerk.

I love that Anna and Etienne's story continued in Lola and the Boy Next door. Yes, the role isn't big but it gives us an idea as to what happens to them.

This series is perfect and I love every second of it but, I do wish we got to see more of each couple. It would have been great to have a book with all six characters focusing on each of them with multiple points of views.

This series was the first contemporary novel I loved. I did like Fangirl but this was better.
My favorite in the series is Anna and the French Kiss.

No comments: