Insurgent

"Deep inside me I know the answer: I am being reckless. I will probably gain nothing. I will probably die. And more disturbing still: I don't really care." ~ TRIS

I'll start this off with a warning. I might muddle up the book and movie. I haven't read it quite a while so I might mix it up.

Insurgent starts off right after divergent ends. So, basically they are on the run from Jeanine and they hide with the Amity.

Peter, a minor antagonist who I forgot to mention above,  along with Marcus, who I also forgot to mention, were with them.

So, Peter was another initiate and he was an absolute jerk. He tried to hurt Tris on multiple occasion. He is such an opportunist and I really don't like him.
And Marcus. That... that awful, awful man. What kind of a person hurts their child? What kind of person does that to their family? I hate that spiteful man. 

Anyways, so they are on the run from Erudite and hide under the protection of Amity. Tris is having trouble coping with the fact she killed one of her best friends, Will, and her parents' deaths, their sacrifices to save her.

Tobias keeps trying to get her to open up but she keeps shutting him out. And then there was the whole Marcus situation. Tobias has to handle seeing the man who hurt him on a daily basis, so it must have been hard. Actually, that made me love him even more.
Caleb. How could he?

Tris was his only living family. Who would do that to their own flesh and blood? Faction before blood, my foot! I hate him for what he did. He basically gave his little sister up for torture.
And then comes in Evelyn. I get that she was hurt, that Marcus hurt her but how could she just leave her son like that? He was a kid. She left him to a fate worse than hers. She was so selfish!

So back to the story. After the Erudites go to Amity to find them, Tris, Tobias along with Caleb, who hadn't been discovered as a traitor yet, run.

Evelyn is the leader of the factionless, and she tries to get them to side with her. Tobias has every right to hate her. What mother leaves their child to be abused? I won't say I understand what she went through, maybe I'm wrong to hate her for what she did but she could've run with Four!

The scene where Tris admits to killing Will was such a hard scene for me. Poor Christina, poor Tris and poor Will.

Tris is so selfless. She gives herself up to save all those people under the control of the Erudite!
Now, that was especially hard for me to read.

The thing I hate most though is how little she regarded her own life. How she readily wanted to die, not thinking of Tobias. But in the end, she didn't, so that's alright.
So. Again I love the ending. I love how Tris and Tobias reunite after he thinks she is dead, thanks to Peter. I actually hate him a little less for that but I still hate him.

And finally when they open the box. Open the gate. God, wow! The outside world!
Oh, PS. We get rid of Jeanine.

"You die, I die too." ~ TOBIAS/FOUR

No comments: