Top 15 Favorite Books 2015

TOP 15 of O'15

So, this is a list of my top 15 books of 2015.


15. Iron King by Julie Kagawa


I came across this book on Goodreads and I was like, what the hell, let's give it a shot. I totally loved this book. This series could've been on my top list if not for the spin-off series. I don't like the spin-off. The excitement I felt with Meghan and Ash I couldn't with Ethan. I kept imagining the four year old kid. I was put off by what happened in the spin-off, so my love for this book didn't prevail.


14. Dearest Clementine by Lex Martin


My first New Adult novel. I had been so used to the YA world that I refused to read anything else, but this book was fantastic. I fell in love. I loved the characters, the story line. I loved the entire theme of the story. For me, it was the Anna and the French Kiss of the NA world. 

13. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Even though I'm crazy about TLC Cinder's quite low on the list. It's #13 because my love for Cinder wasn't instant. It took me a while to get me to get used to the cyborg thing. But about 25% into the book I was a goner. The theme was fantastic. Everything was so interesting and ultimately dragged me into their world.

12. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead

It was the first book series I read in 2015, and I loved it. It brought me back to reading. I liked Rose and Dimitri's part the best, the ending wasn't so bad, and I was overall happy with it.

11. The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

I thought it was a perfect spin off to Vampire Academy, and I had a fun time reading this series too, especially the last book even though it could've been so much better. I had many unanswered questions about Dimitri and Rose. I mean how can you drop a bomb like that and not tell us more!

10. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Wow! It was such an amazing book. It's the first book that was translated from another language. It was a perfect translation. That was incredible. I loved the concept of the story line. The whole time traveler aspect of it was incredible. I loved Gwen but thought Gideon was a total jerk!

9. Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling


I totally loved the entire Harry Potter series, but this book definitely was my favorite. Honestly, it was because of Sirius and Lupin. They are siriusly amazing!


8. Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

I liked Percy Jackson and HOO and Kane Chronicles but I loved this series. It was probably because I totally fell in love Rick Riordan's writing before hand so it was easier to get into the book. I liked the Norse mythology aspect of it, I mean, I'm a huge Marvel fan, thus Thor! Anyways, I'm kind of anticipating Annabeth playing a bigger part in it.

7. Cress by Marissa Meyer

Captain Thorne! Oh, you perfect person. You're unbelievable. Cress is just so naive and I love it. I love Cinder in this book, she was so much better. This book got me so riled up about Winter which is amazing.

6. Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier

I fell in love with Gideon in this book, I was so frustrated with him in beginning of the book, but he got better. The Count was awful. This was my favorite in the series even though it felt like the last few pages had been ripped out

5. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
      This was my favorite in the series even though I liked Anna and the French Kiss better. I loved their story and everything. I loved their story. I loved how they got together at the beginning itself, and I loved it. I loved that Anna, Etienne, Cricket, and Lola were present.

4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell


      Well, this was a great book, it's amazingness was lessened due to the fact I read Anna Lola and Isla right after this. It was actually the first contemporary book I ever read. I liked it. As a fanfiction writer myself, I could totally connect with Cath. I could see myself in her, the same awkwardness and everything. I could totally see myself as her.

3. Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

I had so much fun reading a contemporary novel after so many fantasy ones. It was incredible. Finding Audrey was such a quick read and so entrancing. I loved the theme of the story. I loved reading about how she overcame her disability. It was so cool. Their family was amazing and so easy to relate to.
And I loved the romance aspect of it. I'm a sucker for romance! Anyways, pick this up if you want a quick fun read.

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna and Etienne are my favorite contemporary book couple. I audiobooked this series, so it felt like I was watching a movie. Oh, what a beautiful movie it was. I loved every second of it. It was such a perfect story. I liked their dynamic and everything. Ellie though, I hated her. She shouldn't exist. Well, I guess I'm biased. I love Anna!

FINALLY
The Best Book of the Year (According to Me)...
1. Winter by Marissa Meyer

'Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the best among them all?'
WINTER IS THE BEST AMONG THEM ALL.
Oh my god! What a perfect ending. It was unbelievable. It had me on the edge of my chair every second of the read and it was so hard to put down. I loved Winter. The dynamic between the characters was perfect. It made me feel things I'd never felt before, it was so intense.
When I was reading that scene with Levana and Kai, I was literally in pain. To me, it was as real as any book can be!

No comments: