Crown of Midnight


So. Crown of Midnight. You did a great job of wrecking me. So many things happened in this book. So many secrets reviled and so many people broken. The ending, oh lord. It was so intense and so nerve wracking.

From here on there will be spoilers so beware!

Let's start with Nehemia! How could they? I was heartbroken that Celaena and Nehemia's last encounter. When Celaena and Nehemia fought and exchanged such foul words, Nehemia saying Celaena was a coward.

The characters in this world are so brave and powerful in their own individual ways.

I understood that what Nehemia did was what she thought was the best thing to do but couldn't she have done something else. I would have preferred if she survived doing this! She didn't have to be a martyr.

I loved Nehemia! I loved how she was such a loyal friend to Celaena. It really shocked me when I found out how much she was keeping from Celaena, how much she lied. I get that she did what she thought was right but it still kind of got me
I'm currently reading Queen of Shadows and I'm still not over Nehemia's death.

Archer Finn! Can I just say I hate him?

He was a self-severing jerk. I understand most of the characters, even Celaena is self-serving but she still has a heart.

I was surprised at how easily he kept manipulating Celaena and how easily she kept trusting him.
Is it wrong for me to be glad Celaena killed him!

When we found out that Dorian had magic, I was kind of glad. I didn't really ship Chaolaena so knowing that both Dorian and Celaena were magic wielding.

I liked Chaol better in this book, I loved that scene where he and Celaena danced together, it was nice but it wasn't like the Dorlaena scene in book one!

I was crushed when Celaena decided that the only way to protect Dorian was to leave him alone. It was relieved when they started to become friends again.

That scene in the library had me on the edge of my seat. I was scared. So damn scared!

I was kind of happy when we said goodbye to Chaolaena. I like Chaol and I love Celaena but I do not ship Chaolena. I liked reading about them in this book but they didn't seem special to me. I liked reading about their training and things like that but they were better friends than lovers.
Anyways. I wish the king wasn't in the book. I was glad when he left in book one. And having him around was horrifying. I hated how he treated people. How he treated his own people! I'm pretty sure my hatred for him will only grow with time.

Another reason I didn't like Chaolaena was because Chaol kept things from her but didn't think she deserved the same liberty.

When she sings that song for Nehemia at her grave, it broke my heart. She was burdened by the guilt and hated Chaol for not telling her. I think she had the right to be enraged. On top of that Chaol had the guts to try to find out what she was hiding!

At the end when they face the demon, I kind of wished she'd tell Dorian the whole truth too. Honestly, Dorian was more trustworthy, even if she kept it from him for his own safety.

Chaol was an idiot for sending her off to Wendlyn though.

Anyways. I might have missed a lot of important things that happened but at this moment this is all I can think of.

Reviews for rest of the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms (Review Coming Soon)
Unnamed Book 6
The Assassin's Blade
Unnamed Novela

No comments: