Queen of Shadows


This book shook me to the core. There were moments I just couldn't take it anymore. I was so worried. It was like a roller coaster of emotions that made my stomach turn and my heart race with anticipation at the same time.

Now. I'm heading into the spoiler section!

Let's start with the fact I'm a definite Rowlin shipper. I would be able to cope with Dorleana/Dorlin.

Now. I was kind of mad at Chaol for his mean behavior towards Aelin. I was kind of frustrated with him.

I thought Chaol and Nesryn made a good pair. They were great together. They ran on the same wavelength, understood each other better than others.

And that scene with Lorcan. Well. I loved that.

After she and Rowan returned and she said 'At least I said it was going to be a big mistake, I was tempted to say 'a little mistake.'

Ha!

Also. Manon kind of annoyed me in this book. She was such a strong character and to see her succumb to the will of others? She did whatever her grandmother asked her to do, she let that prick use her witches.

I feel awful for Asterin. I really hope Manon's grandmother dies soon. Then she can be the high witch and decide to side with Aelin and Dorian instead of Perrington.

They were witches, dammit! Not vessels!

Witches might be wicked but they are people. Not Vessels!

At least she realized it and did the right thing.

Aedion. Damn. Could he be more amazing? Why can't my brother be like that?

I felt kind of bad for him, though. All his life he believed he was to be Aelin's protector. Her blood oathed warrior but she didn't even think of him. I'm not saying she shouldn't have let Rowan do it. I'm just saying how much could it have hurt to think of Aedion. But, hey! Both of them can make the oath!

Also. I heard some people ship Aelin and Aedion. That is ridiculous. They love each other like siblings and I think Aedion and Lysandra will be great together.

When we went to the temple, I was horrified. It was awful. The whole place was made with bones, floor to ceilings and Gavin even went there.

The Valg Princes. They were such horrific creatures. So heartless!

And to think that the Valg King is awake, oh lord.

I loved Aelin in the end. I love how she took charge and helped Dorian out. I love that she and Dorian are friends. I'm hoping that all the kingdoms unite and stand as one. Dorian and Aelin will make a kickass royal duo. They have such a great friendship and genuine trust and love, platonic. That is obvious.

When Dorian ripped the collar off, I literally whooped in joy. It made me so happy to see him, actually see him. He's such a good person with such a great soul and to have someone so evil take him over was horrific.

I'm pretty sure Adarlan will be a better place with him on the throne.

I really hope Elide find Aelin and her court and maybe she can ask Aelin if she's heard of Celaena Sardothien and Aelin will be like "I am Celaena Sardothien" and then she'll have two wyrdkeys.

I know it's not going to be that easy. I mean come on. It's a YA Fantasy Novel, nothing comes easy. Elide will probably reach Celaena in the end of the book and then decide to keep this from her queen.
Well. I can hope.

Before I close. I'd like to say, I'm glad Arobbyn died and hoped his death was more painful!
And Lysandra was amazing!

Reviews for rest of the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms (Review Coming Soon)
Unnamed Book 6
The Assassin's Blade

Unnamed Novela

No comments: