The Assassin's Blade

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord

This short story gave us an insight into Sam and Celaena's initial dynamics. It seems like all her relationships begin with a little hate. Her and Dorian, her and Chaol, even her and Rowan! And her and Sam.

So, Celaena seemed to a bad ass character even before. I think she has always been this amazing and remains awesome. She has such a lavish taste, I mean can you expect anything else. I think that's a little because that's the only aspect of her old life that she has left.

I felt bad that she lost Ben. I think at that point, he was her only friend and somehow I have a feeling that Arobynn did it to him for his closeness to Celaena even though he was also Arobynn's only real friend.

We see Sam and Aelin, I mean Celaena, at each other's throats in the beginning. That I didn't expect. I never really though they had the love-hate thing going on.

And then Arobynn sends them to make a Slave trade with the Pirate Lord Rolfe. Can I just say, Prick?

Both Sam and Celaena are sensitive to slaves. Sam's mother basically was one to Clarisse and Celaena only became an assassin because the other choice was becoming a slave and/or dying at the hands of the King of Adarlan.

So their plan to help the slaves was like every other Celaena Plan. Reckless and epic!

I was genuinely afraid for Sam's life, though. He was such a great character and I knew he wasn't going to die, his death was far more gruesome and painful but still.

I can't believe Celaena let Rolfe live after he saw her face, though.

Anyways. I liked the story but I'm still hung up on Queen of Shadows.


The Assassin and the Healer

To be honest, I didn't really enjoy this. There were things I liked and things I didn't. What I didn't like was the part from Yrene's POV.

She's a great character but she's just new and it's not like we had time to develop our understanding with her. It was quick and got the point across but it wasn't anything compared to the actual series.

I thought this had something to do with Celaena's childhood dream of being a healer.

I'm not going into details for this one, I'll just sum up what happened.

Celaena saved a young woman from brutes and taught her to fight. Yrene wanted to be a healer but on her way south she lost hope and lingered as a barmaid.

Celaena helps her out and gives her money so she can go.

The Assassin and the Desert

I'm going to start this review by saying I was expecting something like this. Mostly because nothing is ever easy for Celaena.

I liked Ansel at first but as we kept going deeper into the story I was sure about one thing. Either she dies or becomes a traitor.

And upon seeing the merchant, the traitor option became more likely.

I kind of wished she didn't betray them.

A part of me kind of wish the Silent Master was Celaena's master not Arobynn. His Assassins are better people, not just better warrior. I wish we see them again in the next two books.

I know that Ansel will make another appearance soon. I mean she's the young red-headed queen of the wastelands, isn't she? The one they mention in HoF and probably in QoS.

The master's way of training is amazing. He learns from animals, which is an amazing idea. Animals are the best warriors!

I admire that he treats his disciples as people not as property.

The Master's son. Man. I wish we see him too someday. I want to see a jealous Rowan! I mean Rowan can't be jealous of Sam, or Chaol or Dorian cause she's over Chaol and Dorian but I don't think he knows about Ilias.

I also feel bad for Mikhail. He was betrayed by the woman he loved and she killed him.
I'm curious how Celaena would react to seeing Ansel again. Would she attack or let it go?

I really liked this story, though!

The Assassin and the Underworld


Can I just say, I love love love Sam? He definitely beats Dorian, Rowan, and definitely Chaol. Knowing what happens to him made me not want to love him but I do!

Celaena, poor Celaena. I feel so bad for her. She was tricked to something she absolutely loathed. She inadvertently did something to enable something she was trying to stop.

I honestly loved Sam in this story. I am definitely convinced that he was her mate from this story. And knowing his sad fate. It breaks my frozen heart. I tried so hard not to ship them but honestly, I found it impossible.

When Celaena was in that sewer and I knew Sam was going to come for her, save her, I was just waiting for it.

I think Sam's the one person who's always been on her side, always been there for her.

It was fun seeing her jealous of Lysandra. It was interesting cause she's such a self-assured person that I find it hard to see her like that but everyone feels that way.

I loved this story so much and this just made my hatred for Arobynn grow a million times and I'm pretty sure in the next book he'll become my most hated person.

I'm a little disappointed with Celaena for being so vain. I mean Arobynn bought her a few gifts and she kind of forgave him.

Oh and Dorian made a Cameo. I mean, even then she noticed him. Like I said, I never shipped Chaolaena. I love Samlaena, Dorlaena, and Rowlin.

This was my favorite story in this book. 

The Assassin and the Empire

Did it hurt more because I already knew Sam's fate?

When Sam said he wanted to do it alone, I wanted to go into the book and slap his beautiful, perfect face and knock some sense into him.

It was so hard to read this knowing, waiting. It's not like the words would change or the story would change just because we love Sam so much.

I just wish she was with Sam completely, if only just once. I was never a Chaolaena shipper and hated that she was with Chaol and not with Sam.

I'm literally unable to fathom what happened. They were so perfect. He was so amazing. And Arobynn. That jealous son of a.....

May he burn in hell. May he feel as much pain as he inflicted on Sam.

RIP Sam. You were awesome!


Reviews for rest of the series:
Empire of Storms (Review Coming Soon)
Unnamed Book 6
The Assassin's Blade

Unnamed Novela

No comments: