Kaito & Linh Cinder: Day 4: Teddy Day


Shipname: KaiderDay 4: A cute ship

Cinder and Kai are the cutest.

From the very beginning, there was this awkwardness around them that made my heart melt. It was relatable. Not everyone has the confidence thing working for them.

When Cinder and Kai first meet, I wasn't really sold on them but as the book progressed I saw potential.

They had such hurdles to face that neither of them truly seemed their age. Cinder was sixteen! Having to start a revolution, running from your evil aunt, evading the authorities of Earth and moon must be hard. Also, taking over a kingdom.

Their relationship kind of made them more their age. They actually did seem young. They were unsure and scared. That's normal.

I really hoped that Kai would've reacted better. But even I had to let him off about that one. Not only did he find out that the girl he had a crush on was a Cyborg, but she was also a Lunar. And the only way to save his people was to marry the evil tyrant.


I love that Kai still believed in Cinder even though he had no reason to. A part of him didn't care about anything other than her.

I love the ending scene of Cress. I have no idea how many times I re-read it. That scene when she reveals her identity to him and explains things. Sigh!

I love that her computer system was counting their every kiss. That was so romantic. I know it's cheesy and stupid but it's cute.

I hate that he actually did get married to Levana though. It's gross.

Deep in my heart, I really hoped somehow he'd get away with not marrying her. I hoped Cinder would succeed before the wedding.

When I was reading Winter, that scene. I was literally in pain. My heart was beating so fast. I was a mess. I'm not usually that emotional. I remember the person in the room with me while I was reading it looking at me like I was crazy. I had to take a break from reading every few minutes to gather myself.

I told everyone I knew about Kai having to marry the woman he loved's aunt in order to save the world and how I wish he could be saved from her. And how he knew she'd kill him as soon as she got what she wanted. I think people started to think I was a little nuts.

I know he mentions having it annulled, that's something that brings me immense peace.

I keep wondering how they'll make it work though when they're on different planets. I know she said she'd dissolve monarchy but I don't want her to. She worked so hard. I mean a government is needed but I think alongside that, there should be a monarchy too. I mean a seat for the Queen on the government, as an equal.

So, in Stars, Above we found out Cinder became the Ambassador for Luna on Earth. I still wish she played a bigger part in Lunar Politics.
Anyways, the scenes between Kai and Cinder in Something Old Something New were amazing. The moment when they saw each other again.

"You're an expert on the sound levels of spaceships now, are you?"- Cinder
"Nah, I've just been waiting to hear that sound all day."- Kai
"Aces. They haven't even kissed yet and they're already making me nauseous."- Thorne

I love that scene in the hallway where they properly reunite.

"Is that an acceptable amount of small talk?"- Kai
"Acceptable to me."- Cinder

I love their scene in the end, where he proposes to her and Cinder's retina scan tells her it's his mother's ring. I love everything about that short story!

I love that Cinder shared the Hanger with him! God, I could gush about them forever if I had to!
For now, I hope they live a happily ever after.

No comments: