Throne of Glass


Throne of Glass shook my world. The characters were all so strong and brave.

Even though I'm not the biggest fan of the third person, but I liked it here. We got to see things from many characters' POV's and they were all quite amazing.

When the story began, I wasn't sure how I would feel about it but as I continued to read it, I fell in love with Celaena. She was just such a strong woman even in the kind of world she lived in.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a strong female lead who needs no one's help to be awesome!

I loved Dorian. Even though he was raised by a tyrant like his father he still became this amazing person. He is a genuinely good person and I admire his strength.

And even though I liked Chaol I didn't really admire him as a person. He wasn't someone I could look up to like I could with Celaena.

I also loved Nehemia. She wasn't a prissy princess, she had the heart of a warrior!
I'll be discussing this in more details now. Spoiler Alert!

“Libraries were full of ideas–perhaps the most dangerous and powerful of all weapons.” 

Initial Thoughts:
Celaena: She is definitely one of my favorite female leads. She has all the qualities of heroes.
Dorian: Even though he was raised by a man so cruel he still became such a kind man.
Chaol: Well, I didn't hate him but I was actually disgusted by him blindly following the King, I know he becomes in the end and finally shows that he has a heart.
Nehemia: She's such a strong character. I was sure there was more going on with her since our first meeting!
The King: I hate him. I hate him so much.

The competition was so interesting. I loved the different tasks. It was interesting to see Celaena try to not be excellent.

I loved how Celaena's spirit never broke. If I endured what she did, I'd honestly be a wreck by the end of the week. One year. That girl is tough.
I loved that she could still be playful and strong.

I liked the dynamics between Celaena and Dorian. They seemed like real friends who would genuinely give their lives for the other and for some reason even though there was the raw passion between Chaol and Celaena, there was no unconditional trust.

Celaena and Dorian are basically enemies by nature and yet they find it in themselves to care about each other, to trust each other. That is true friendship. Even if they're not endgame they would always remain friends and that is obvious.

I love the training between Chaol and Celaena. It was nice to see her slowly become stronger, that was realistic.

I loved that all three of them were avid readers. I love when characters are readers, it just makes me feel like I'm closer to them.

“We all bear scars... Mine just happen to be more visible than most.”

When she first goes into the tunnel I was genuinely afraid for her life. I was so scared that she'd die down there even though I knew it wasn't going to happen.

That scene at the ball when she danced with Dorian. In that moment I saw a future for them, I saw their future when they played pool.

But I also knew it wasn't going to happen because they got over each other too easily. But come on he gave her a dog. Fleetfoot. It's basically theirs.
Anyways.

Duke Perrington. Now that was a man I hated. How could someone be so cruel? He was as bad as the king.

In the end, I felt bad for Kaltain too. I mean she did bad things but no one deserves that.
And the battle. I was so scared. When she drank the potion. That was horrifying.

I was so scared. That scene had me on the edge of my bed eager to know how she would get through!
It was so intense, so amazing!

The ending left me wanting more. It left me eager for more.

I almost forgot Cain. I hate him. I hate him so much. But I did like Nox. I wish we saw Nox more. I loved Nox. I wish we see him again.

Definitely glad that this was my audiobook of the month.

“Names are not important. It's what lies inside of you that matters.” 

Reviews for rest of the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms (Review Coming Soon)
Unnamed Book 6
The Assassin's Blade
Unnamed Novela

No comments: