Heir of Fire


I'll start the review by saying I'm not pulling a complete switch-a-roo, I ship both Dorlaena and Rowlaena. I mean I liked Chaolaena for like a second but they were never really right for each other.

Celaena and Aelin are the same people and I keep using different names, so beware!

Anyways, this book was awesome. I was kind of hoping we saw Celaena interact with her mother's kin. I was hoping that we went to the King of Wendlyn. I'm pretty sure the king would've helped her. It seems as if all the royal families except the Havilliards' actually have a heart. Dorian does have a heart.

And with that, I'd like to mourn Dorian's loss. That poor boy never did anything wrong. He was so perfect. How can his own father do that to him? He had one of the purest souls I've ever read about and his own father does that. That makes my skin crawl. How could he do that to his own flesh and blood?

The King of Ardalan was disgusting. He had such a dark heart and I hate him so much. How can someone do that to his own flesh and blood? How can someone hurt people the way he does. He kills Sorscha. He takes away everyone from his son. He is despicable.

Manon had a great impact on me. She was raised to be a heartless and soulless monster and yet we could see bit's and pieces of her soul seeping in. Her passion her her Wyvern, Abraxos. I mean even though she is said to be heartless she does so much for an animal. I love that. I see a potential for her to grow into this amazing person, to be someone great.

I like that Manon and Abraxos chose each other, that strengthens the bond between beast and rider. I really loved Abraxos. He was so much fun to read about. He was this stubborn dog that made me wanna pet him. His antics... I knew he had it in him to surpass everyone else. He went from being a bait to being the best.

At the end when Manon becomes the Wing Leader, I was so scared she'd be punished for caring. And she was. I hate her grandmother for being so cruel but at least Manon can see the truth for herself now.

Throughout the book, we see Dorian and Sorscha, and to be absolutely honest. I didn't like it. It wasn't that I didn't want Dorian to move on. He should move on. If he and Celaena were to be together, which kind of seems unlikely now, they'd find their way to each other someday. But Sorscha just didn't seem to have much of a personality. I get that she's a rebel and brave but she didn't really like someone that could move the universe. I think she's more Chaol's type than Dorian. He deserves someone great.

Let's get to my favorite character. Aedion. I never, even for a second believed that he betrayed the throne of Terrasen. I love that he's loyal to Aelin. He's such a great cousin. I mean that boy risks everything for a kingdom that isn't his by birth, just because he loved his cousin, his queen, he risks everything for Terrasen.

Throughout the book, we see the similarities between Celaena and Aedion. I'm having a hard time getting used to calling her Aelin.

I really hope I get to see them in the next book. I bet he'd be that type of a brother that doesn't leave her side. An overprotective fool!

I loved that Chaol was loyal, loyal to Dorian, to Celaena, even to the rebels. No matter what I say about him, I have to admit, he's an honorable man.

Now. Rowan! He was kickass awesome! He was such a grouch when we started reading about him but I absolutely loved him after he started opening up to Celaena. I felt so bad for him. He lost his mate and was coaxed into a blood oath to Maeve.

I loved reading about Aelin and Rowan's training. And seeing her powers develop was amazing. I hope we see something similar with Dorian where he embraces his magic and masters it.

The battle against the King's men was amazing. Aelin was badass. I loved seeing her go through her past throughout the book. It made me love her parents and her uncle. Her uncle was such a great king. He was kind and just. I wish Dorian got that experience in life. He never knew love like she did. Her parents loved each other. His, it was political!

When we were at Doranelle I loved the way Aelin faced Maeve. The way she saved Rowan from his oath!

Reviews for rest of the series:
Throne of Glass
Crown of Midnight
Heir of Fire
Queen of Shadows
Empire of Storms (Review Coming Soon)
Unnamed Book 6
The Assassin's Blade
Unnamed Novela

No comments: