Merik Nihar & Safiya fon Hasstrel: Day 1: Rose Day


Shipname: Mafiya (Maybe?)
Day 1: A ship you just met and love already

Safiya and Merik.
SPOILERS AHEAD!

The two of them just entered my life through the wonderful book, Truthwitch. Even though their story just began, they already found a place in my heart.

I love them. They're so fierce and passionate. I loved seeing them interact with each other and others. I loved Safi's fire and her protectiveness of Iseult. And I got the same vibe with Merik and Kullen.

Safi and Merik have four books to create something epic and beautiful and I have high expectations for them.

The moment they met was amazing. They have this enchanting vibe about them. It's like they're on fire.

My favorite thing about them is that they don't keep things bottled up. They fight. I love their fights. We can't really call them banter. It's like full on fighting.

I think one of my favorite scenes from this book was the scene where the battle each other after Merik refuses to dock the ship.

I was kind of rooting for her to pin him down even though he was using his powers. But that scene was so cute.

Also, I'm curious as to how he found out about her truth witchery. And I loved his reaction to finding out that the emperor had declared her his betroth. I mean I could kind of sense his jealousy. Or maybe it was just wishful thinking.

And that scene at the very end before he goes back to the ship to Kullen and she runs with Iseult. God, I loved it.

At first, they're both denying having any feelings towards each other.

And she's like you're the last person I'll ever be with. And he's like right back at ya!

And I'm like yeah. We all see it.

And then that scene gets so amazing. I love that he finally realized what Kullen meant by losing control of his witchery!

Also, every time I mention Kullen I feel so sad, he shouldn't have died so early, or at all.

Back to Merik and Safiya.

I loved the scenes where they tried to understand each other. See things from each other's point of view. I love that Safiya sacrificed herself for the sake of his kingdom. Not because of him but because it was worth saving.

I really wish we got a more in-depth reaction from Merik about Safiya's letter.

Also. One thing that really stood out to me was the word Tumble. Does anyone use that term Anyways? I loved how Merik and Safiya's relationship flourished. Their raw passion was visible from the very first page and I loved it.

They're my favorite 2016 ship as of now. They were amazing.

No comments: